Financial Aid Awards
When class attendance is confirmed each term, educational funding is disbursed to the student’s account. In the event that pupil’s help is higher than the full total tuition, costs, and bookstore costs for the expression, the pupil may be eligible for a school funding disbursement check.
Pupils meet the criteria for a Bookstore Advance as much as $2,500 ahead of the start of term, if their aid that is financial exceeds costs for tuition and charges. The Bookstore Advance will allow pupils to shop for books and materials ahead of the start of the term during the Campus Bookstore. The Bookstore Advance is calculated by subtracting tuition and costs through the number of authorized help up to and including optimum Bookstore Advance of $2,500.
Pupils may buy one laptop utilising the Bookstore Advance in their time at Piedmont Tech.
As soon as students’s educational funding is used in their account, in the event that quantity of the pupil’s school funding exceeds tuition, costs, bookstore fees, along with other institutional costs on the pupil account, the pupil is eligible to a disbursement check. Pupils will have to prepare ahead for any other expenses such as for instance lease, transport and child care before the financial help always check disbursement dates.
Grants and Scholarships are compensated in one single disbursement. Begin to see the times noted on the internet site when you look at the learning Student Handbook and Calendar as well as on the pupil calendar.
- Provides funds for publications and materials ahead of the beginning of the term.
- Assists with budgeting and preparation when it comes to whole term.
- Increases pupil success.
- Decreases the total amount of education loan defaults.
- Ensures educational funding is according to real enrollment.
- Satisfies federal school funding accountability needs.
- Saves university resources to keep tuition low.
A disbursement advance is a advance loan against an expected aid that is financial and it is designed to assist students meet their short term monetary needs. Disbursement advance requests can be obtained and then pupils receiving adequate aid that is financial produce a credit stability after tuition and charges are compensated. The utmost refund advance is $1,000 per semester, to not ever surpass the credit stability.
So that you can request a disbursement advance you have to:
- Complete all school funding requirements while having a pending credit stability placed on your account by 1 month ahead of the beginning of classes. As a result of processing time, pupils should have all school funding needs, including applications, submitted 45 days prior to the begin of classes.
- Sign up into the continuing business Office thirty day period ahead of the begin of classes. Application is found in path.
- Join at minimum half time (6 credit hours) for the future semester by thirty days ahead of the beginning of classes.
- Be conference Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students that have an authorized appeal meet the criteria for a disbursement advance.